Friday, March 18, 2011

Game Day!

Its friday!  Today is our last reg. season game before the play offs start. It dosnt matter if we WLT because we are number 2 and there are enough points between the 3rd and 4th team that they wont bump us. If we win tho we take first place in the league and that would secure my first ERHL Division B Champion ship! That would be nice :) But i'm not too worried. I'm more concerned about making it through the game tonight.

The team we are facing isnt particularly good shooter wise but they are stacked in the goalie department. Their started played in the WHL and I think he played hockey for a college back east but i could be wrong. And hes is MASSIVE at 6'5 maybe 6'6. JUST HUGE! You have to REALLY catch him off guard to get a point.

But I do have an advantage over him. I'm a wee bit quicker in the butterfly then he is and I have better defense. It shouldnt be too big of a score because like I said they dont have much in the line of shooters. It should be a really physical game though. As the last time we faced them there was alot of pushing and shoving. And one fight to which I got punched in the side of the head.

I'm not one to complain but the trouble maker should've been suspended more then one game IMO. He was out to hurt people. More to the point ME! HE was forever in my crease, screening me, slashing me when the ref wasnt watching. I knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to piss me off to the point i'd fight and then I would be suspended and my team would be crippled. But the jokes on him! If anything happens to me that I cant play Tony is our secret weapon. The boy has played 3 games this season and is amazing. He should really be the starter but hes content with letting me have the spot light.

I'm going to focus on staying calm, keeping my head and challenging the shooters more especially on break aways. Shut them down early and not leave myself out to dry. But we'll see if that actually happens lol

I feel like poop today which is not good. I think im getting sick. Sore throat, cough, headake, blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah and I wont get a change to nap at all because I got shit to do alllll damn day. I could just pass out for 30 mins in the locker room like I usually do lol Its not unusual to come into the locker room and find me sprawled on the floor in my gear snoring lol 

Or I guess I could nap in the car today while mom runs around. Thats a good idea hmmmmmm lol 

So with that i'm going to go grab some breakfast and get the chores done so we can head into town. To everyone else who has games this weekend GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment