Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bullshit WIN and a sick goalie

Hey guys. So let me start by apologizing for this being two days later then I said it would be. After the game friday I was so sick. Had 102 almost 103 fever so right after the game we went to the ER. Turns out I have strep throat, and laryngitis AND the start of bronchitis :( So i'm pretty sick. After we got home from the ER it was 3 am and I took a quick shower and laid down and died for about 22 straight hrs. So this is why your getting this so late. I'm so sorry guys. I really did plan on doing it when I got home but I felt so terrible and my husband sent me to bed lol

So we won. And your prolly wondering by the title why I call it a Bullshit WIN. Well because thats what it was. We won 9-8. Probably our worst game yet. Half the team was sick, the other half was hung over (yeah..coach wasnt happy) Seriously I have no idea how we pulled off an OT win. We should've lost but somehow we pulled it off.

So there was some discussion on weither I would start or not. But in the end I felt good enough to play so they let me. Tony was very concerned of course and kept offering to play for me..Part of me REALLY wanted to take him up on his offer but the other part of me refused to give in to being sick. I mean its not the first time ive played REALLY sick.

So the first period. We scored about 2 mins in. then again 5 mins later. Then for the rest of the 1st it was 2-0. Until they scored with 45 seconds left. This one was a total fuck up goal on my part. I read the play wrong and totally missed it...So end of 1st 2-1.

During the 5 min intermission while they scraped the ice I took cough meds and drank almost a full bottle of water.

This is where it got ugly. They ended up scoring 4 goals. We got 5. At the end of the 2nd the score was 7-5. Durring the intermission I started to feel better so I got a wee bit cocky.

The 3rd period was a crap shoot. We got 1 goal in the first 3 mins. BOOM top shelf. Moving the score to 8-5. Then they scored 3 to tie it up. The last 3 were because I was just plan exhausted. Not for lack of trying I just didnt have enough strength to be quick like I needed to be.

So they tie it up 8-8 forcing a 5 min overtime.

I was really nervous and tempted to let Tony play for me because by this point I was exhausted and my coughing was getting very bad not to mention I was having alot of trouble catching my breath. But I decided to finish what I started (stupidly)

This time my team pulled their heads out of each others asses and actually played the damn game! I saw 8 shots in OT. The other teams goalie saw 15, one being a goal. We scored with 55 seconds left. It was great! For us.....LOL

As for the roughness that I was worried about. OH it was there! x15! It was crazy! Everyone was out for blood. Everyone but me it seemed lol I was too sick to care really. I did get a roughing penalty tho. On number 23 the same guy who punched me in the side of the head hehe...Dude got triped by his own teammate and slid into goal where I proceeded to beat him up Patric Roy style! The penalty came because I shoved him after he got up and he went crying to the ref. I barely touched him. Pussy. LOL

But yeah...We played like poop! I had no defense pretty much the entire game. The forwards just stood there and let them take shots from the red line. I was constantly screened by my own teammates. We seemed to be more focused on getting pay back then actually playing to win. I'm not innocent in that, but I only had one incident :)

So i'm grounded from hockey this week. Including out first play off game Thursday. Which is fine with me. Tonys itching to play even if he wont admit it.

So anyway...Theres your blog for Friday. Sorry its kinda short and choppy but i'm typing fast cuz im starting to not feel good again so I need to go lay back down!

Hope everyone else who had games this weekend had WINS with lotsa BIG SAVES!

Best,

Shell

No comments:

Post a Comment