Sunday, March 27, 2011

Fridays game

So even tho I started a thread on the forum I post on i'm still going to post this here.

Anyway so Tony started for me Friday night since im grounded until I go back to the dr on tuesday. I feel 110% better though! Everything is almost cleared up except my cough which is still pretty bad in the mornings. But I no longer have any issues walking, running, doing work outside etc. The strep is pretty much gone YAY as is the laryngitis tho if I talk alot I still lose my voice.

So Friday morning it was really nice out here so I took one of my young horses out for a trail ride and we galloped through the back feild which was so fun! And he was a good boy. No bucking or spooking. Then around 2 mom and I went into town and got some shopping done. Including a new set of show tack for the stud man (our senior stallion). Then we picked my hubby up at work at 5pm and headed over to the rink to meet up with Tony and Big Mike. So mom and hubby dropped me off and went back home to feed our herd.

I kept Tony company while Big Mike slept off his hang over from the night before in our locker room (since no one was in it before our game YAYs!) So Tony and I hug out and watched the two games before ours. Around 8 pm he left me to get dressed. Our game was at 9:15 on rink 1 YAY I didnt freeze! While I waited for the game to start I finished up entry forms for our next set of 8 horse shows! That took forever as we are taking 8 horses to each show. So I had to fill our 8 entry forms for each show. Then finally it was time for the warm up.

As I watched my boys I was amazed at just how good Tony is. But I love that he dosnt brag or get a big head over it. Then after the warms up Coach came over and asked me if I would keep track of Tonys stats. I said sure, no prob. He handed me the stat book and the game started.

For those who dont read my blog this team we played we lost to 3 times before. Not terribly but we still lost. And after the incident at our team dinner at Applebees we were all expecting a game full of cheap shots. And the Post Falls D-bags didnt disappoint.

In the first period they had a total of 8 penalty's. We had two. One for hooking and one for roughing. We also got on the board first. At the end of the first the score was 3-0. And the d-bags were visibly upset. Which only made my boys play THAT much better. In the 1st they had 28 shots, and we had 15. Tony was on fire!

Durring the 5 min intermission to scrape the ice a bunch of people came over and asked me why I wasnt playing. They all seemed disappointed which made me feel bad because they didnt like the fact that Tony was playing.

Then in the 2nd period things started to heat up. Penalty after penalty after penalty was called. Hooking, tripping, slashing, to many men on the ice (us), roughing, and then with 3:21 left in the 2nd the first of 3 fights happen.

This one was because someone took a nasty cheap shot at Big Mike who proceeded to beat the snot out of the guy. They both got 5 min penalty's for fighting. At the end of the 2nd the score was 4-0. So by the end of the 2nd they were very frustrated considering by the time the 3rd period came is past games they were up by at least 3.

So understandably the 3rd period was very physical. Lots of hard but clean hits. And some REALLY lucky saves by both goaltenders. The 2nd fight happend at about 10 mins into it. This time it was started because Tony did a very pretty split save after getting caught behind the net. One of our guys was triped and Tony fell over backwards over him behind the net. Then somehow he was able to make it back to the net in time to make a very pretty split glove save. This caused one of the post falls guys to take a shot at Tony. Which started a fight. Took the 4 refs a good 5 mins to break it up. The guy who took a shot at Tony got 5 for fighting, 2 mins for unsportsmanlike conduct.

We only got 2 for fighting and a couple roughing calls.

Then with 5 mins left in the game they scored making it 4-1. Of course they thought it was greatest thing since sliced bread. We answered back with two more goals with in probably a min or two. Making it 6-1. The 3rd fight happened when the buzzer went off. Apparently they werent happy they lost because they started a HUGE line brawl. To which the two goalies went at it

Over all it was a very good game!And i hate to admit this but I've never been so happy to not play in my life. Two of the guys on that team have it out for me something fierce. Why? I have no idea. Other then the fact that in the first game we played against them this season one of their guys tripped over my stick and broke two fingers. Idk that wasnt my fault. I didnt set out to trip him..*shrugs* oh well all that matters is that we WON! Too bad we still have to face them in the play offs that start next weekend (thought it was this weekend but I was wrong lol)

After the game I was exhausted so Matty and I just went home. Saturday because it was fairly nice out I rode all day. Ponys were really good and happy to be out! Then around 7pm my moms bffs daughter and I pulled out the show tack (all 12 sets) and went to work cleaning and polishing. Got most of it done by the time they left at 11.30 pm. Then I watched Matt play some Halo/Fable 2 and passed out.

Today I started feeling shitty again so I took it easy. Matty helped me feed and clean stalls this morning which was SO nice! Then I played some Halo: Reach till mom got home from work. Then she helped me throw hay and bring the horses back in for the night. We're just kinda taking it easy today!

Tomorrow though I have to start getting the trailer ready to go to a show on saturday in Yakima Wa which is about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs from where I live. Our game friday is at 6 pm so Mom is going to drop me off at the rink at 4 pm, then pick up Matt and go back home to finish packing the trailer and truck and get the horses loaded up and then shes going to head to Yakima instead of waiting for me. Then Matty will drive back into town to watch the game then after the game we will head down to Yakima. Should be done by 8-8.30pm at the latest and that should put us in Yakima around 11.30pm-12am. Then I get to stay up all night cleaning the horses up, braiding and setting up and decorating our stalls. Maybe ill get an hr of sleep lol First class is at 8.30 am on saturday. My last class for saturday should be around 2 pm. Then I am passing the fuck out! (maybe) Then sunday I have 5 classes all in the AM then we can head right on home. Where I will die LOL

But yeah! Thanks guys for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment